Sunday, July 20, 2008

Bridezillas ... are you serious?

So, very rarely do I take time to sit in front of the tv. But, tonight I felt the need to sit the laptop on my lap and surf while I had the tv on and relax. I happened to flip on the show Bridezilla's on WE. I've seen bits of it before and usually I think it's pretty comical if a little uncomfortable. But, tonight's was beyond uncomfortable.

Seriously, I'm not a skinny girl. But, I'm aware of that lol This woman, if she can be called that, was a heifer and she was sitting there ragging on her fiance telling him not only that he was fat, but that he embarrassed her. She, I'm not kidding, ordered him to this bootcamp at 5:30a and while she ordered him around, she inhaled donuts. Gross.

Why do these men put up with women like this? Yes, a wedding can be stressful, but the attitudes and actions of these brides is beyond that stress.

Why does it seem that so many people easily forget, or never realize maybe, that a wedding is not about one day that you've dreamed about. It's about celebrating love and the commitment to someone. It's about the beginning of a new chapter. I have to say that I'm glad in some ways that I was married before so that I had the "wedding" and that this time I had the celebration of love.

No comments: